Monthly Archives: February 2008
One of the great things about working in the CBD of Melbourne is the diversity. Lots of great place to eat, great places to shop, an interesting array of people. And some of the best street art you’ll find anywhere in the world. Here’s some examples that I shot on a recent lunch hour. Everything you see in these videos was in just two alleys, about a two minute walk away from each other.
Music in both videos is from NSG’s debut album, “Working Class Superstar”.
I frequently get asked if I have any good bloopers. People assume with the volume of videos I make, I must fuck up a fair bit. They’re right. People also tell me they think it would be funny to see me get angry when I screw up. Funny is a personal judgement but I think the answer to that one is also yes.
Take for example the video I recently posted of kangaroos on a golf course. I opened that video with a pretty cheesy slapstick comedy joke revolving around a sign for a scenic lookout. Gimme a break – I saw a sign that said “lookout” and I couldn’t resist. It reminded me of an old Far Side comic.
The thing is, it was a fairly obvious and simple setup but I had a bastard of a time gettign it right. See for yourself:
Many thanks to my long-suffering girlfriend who was my camera operator on the day. Her sanity saved me when I was really losing it by reassuring me we could come back the next day. How did I respond to her calming influence? By saying:
Yeah, let’s get the fuck out of here… FUCK THIS SHIT!”
- I know nobody at Toshiba said “please place an ad for our product next to an article saying our product is dead”
- I know nobody at The Age said “Let’s put an ad for HD-DVD next to an article saying it’s dead” – Toshiba simply bought an set amount of advertising and the ad was placed an arbitrary number of times in a particular section of the website
- Get a fucking sense of humour
- No, your sense of humour isn’t fine, if you can’t just appreciate a simple joke without deconstructing it and finding fault you are fucked up!
- If you’re the sort of obsessive dweeb who behaves this way, here a few more to set you off:
- Ron Paul is a gay nazi paedophile drug-smuggling terrorist
- Open source software is a communist plot designed to destroy our way of life and murder kittens
- Your mother fucks truck drivers for 50c a throw and most of the time they ask for their money back
Can anyone tell I’ve had to deal with some really stupid obsessive-compulsive pedants recently?